©Ramona K Silipo. All rights reserved.
Over the weekend my husband and Iwatched an excellent DVD beginner’s course in Tantra. This is the first I’ve seen (and I’ve watched many) that I can recommend without majorreservations or qualifying statements.
The Beginner’s Guide to Tantric Sexuality, written by and featuring Leora Lightwoman and Roger Lichy, is agood beginning for many reasons.
- The DVD is organized in six separate lessons which you can do in your own time, at your own pace.
- If you follow the instructions closely, you will have developed your own Tantric ritual to create your sacred space and to begin and end each practice.
- The exercises show you basic Tantric principles, and you learn by doing them. The focus is on doing and experiencing rather than theorizing or intellectualizing.
- The pacing of the lessons is good, giving plenty of time for you to try each element before moving on to another one.
- The design, direction and print quality are all excellent (unlike many Tantra DVDs and tapes I’ve seen which are amaeturish and seem to be shot by someone’s granddad with shaky hands). This is a beautiful film to watch.
The DVD is published in The Mind Body Soul series at www.newworldmusic.com
You can find out more about Leora Lightwoman on her web site, http://www.diamondlighttantra.com/